1. Parenting

Child Development Class: "Baby, Think It Over."

By November 20, 2007

Have you seen this program? I had some experience with it at the teen home and think it was wonderful! Teens, both boys and girls, take home a 'baby'. One that cries when it is wet or hungry... or just wants to be held. That was always the best part: watching my teens figure out that the baby just wants to be with him/her. You can read about the program in this article on Sheboygan-Press.com.

What do you think? Does your school offer this class. Have you had a 'baby' come home? Share in our comments section.

More: Teen Pregnancy: Tips on Prevention

Connect With Denise: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Comments
November 20, 2007 at 10:35 am
(1) Falicia says:

It was great! my daughter is 17 and just finished this class.she had it for 6 days.The first day it was so cute.by day 6, she couldn’t stand it,she was tired and cranky.they only have 1 min to find out whats wrong with the baby,and they cranked up the amount of crying on friday night,all it screamed with gass. She now thinks only crazy people have babies.LOL I had 3.

May 14, 2011 at 2:49 pm
(2) mariah says:

im going to take that class next year any advice?

May 30, 2011 at 3:33 pm
(3) Sam says:

how do u take this class?

November 20, 2007 at 10:46 am
(4) parentingteens says:

LOL… my girls think I’m crazy too. I sometimes wonder if it didn’t happen because of having kids? But I don’t think it’s a bad thing ;)

November 28, 2007 at 8:48 am
(5) Helen says:

My daughter had this in 8th grade. It is incorporated in a mandatory Life Skills class for all students. She only had the baby for 24 hours, but she ended up with the “baby from hell” who cried constantly, and frequently let loose with the abuse cry, even if no one was touching it. At the end of the session, my daughter said that not only would she not have a child while in her teens, she wasn’t sure she ever wanted one.

November 28, 2007 at 9:02 am
(6) Karen says:

My 17 yr old daughter brought home the ‘baby’ for 4 days. Her comment that made me laugh the most was “she never sleeps when you need her to sleep,how am I supposed to get ready”! She couldn’t wait to bring her back to school.

January 12, 2008 at 9:21 pm
(7) Tara says:

My school has a “parenting” class as an elective, once you choose to be in the class, you must bring home the ‘baby’ for one weekend. Having a family full of babies and always being aronud them, I would have to say that the baby think it over is much different than a real ‘baby’. The bond between mother and child isnt available here because the ‘baby’ is only programmed for certain things, the ‘baby’ isnt able to have life-like movement. The part of this program I find the most amusing is if at any time while you are taking care of your ‘baby’ something goes wrong and it breaks, the school holds you accountable for $400 to replace it. I can not even count how many times I just cried with the ‘baby’. The way you are graded on this project is the percentage the device prints out, is the grade you get. If they wanted to prove to a 16 year old girl that she cant take care of a baby that screeches and causes such problems, I think I got that and much more.

May 14, 2011 at 2:54 pm
(8) mariah says:

i cant wait for my class and take home a baby next year do u have any advice?

February 6, 2008 at 9:14 pm
(9) Della says:

I have my baby right now. In my high school, you take a child development class as an elective, and the baby is also optional, but if you don’t take it you will have to write a 2 page report, and give a 5 minute presentation to make up for it. I have to admit- I love it! Sure, the 3am wakeup sessions aren’t great, but i really am enjoying being a mommy. Good thing I know enough to know that a real baby is much more difficult! I am also lucky enough to get a fairly quiet baby. I am bonded to my baby, and don’t want to give her back Friday morning! If you or your teen gets this- I encourage you to let them go out in public by themselves. People, seeing no adult around, will assume they are a teen mom until they get up close, and people really do look at you differently. I went bowling with a school club, with over 35 kids and two teachers, so people who where there saw a group of 20 kids walking in, one of them with a car seat and I had the blanket over the baby because it was sprinkling outside. People squint their eyes at you, and try to pretend they’re not looking, ect.
One guy was leaving, and held the door open for me, but giving me that strange look, until he looked in the car seat, and says “oh! I thought it was real!” Imedeatly the way he looked at me changed completely. I told him it is a baby think it over, and was amazed at how differently he looked at me.

March 3, 2008 at 4:43 pm
(10) Allison says:

I am getting my baby this week but only for a day. My mom feels that only having the baby for one day is not enough to teach you about being a mother. I dont like that all you have to do is put a key in it’s back, you should have to feed it and change it like a normal baby. We can take the baby over the weekend but its only for extra credit for the child development class.

May 14, 2011 at 3:17 pm
(11) mariah says:

my friend had that class and she had it for a week and she had to change it and feed it add i remember it would cry and get louder and louder i was laughing so har i might have that class next year i hope i do.

May 20, 2008 at 7:26 pm
(12) Katie Fissel says:

i am a teen mom

August 18, 2008 at 11:11 pm
(13) shelby says:

im 16 about to be 17 and i had a baby think it over 2 time and got a 100% on one and a 96% on the other but i loved it and now im thinking of buying one i had mine from friday to monday and i loved it!!! cant wait till i have a real one!

September 8, 2008 at 6:14 pm
(14) Jennaaz -Kelton says:

Im getting the baby on friday .. its the newer version im naming him Kelton

September 9, 2008 at 7:39 am
(15) Makayla says:

I have always wanted a baby. And I’m only 13. I love children and hope that the baby will be what I’ve always wanted. I’m gonna have it for 3 days. I was hoping to get it for a week. But I guess you get what you get. lol But I have a boyfriend who is kinda mad at me for getting the baby (he doesn’t really like kids much). He said why get it when you know your not gonna have kids when your a teen. And what made me really mad way he said he didn’t want anything to do with it. whatever lol

September 13, 2008 at 12:44 pm
(16) gabrille says:

I had my baby this weekend.i named him CAden. when i first went to pick it up in the heath room i was soooo exited!!!!but when it woke me upin the middle of the night i was ready to bring it back to myteacher.!!!=[ my baby is fussy but not crying all the time just when i dont want it to happen!!!lol=] but teenagers im in 8th grade and definitly not ready to have sex and have a bab y so if your getting a “baby, think it over” baby DO NOT LOOK FORWARD TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it takes a huge chunk of your time,a lot of effort and all your atention!!!thanks for reading and Remember think before you do!!

September 18, 2008 at 5:33 pm
(17) haley says:

Hey, I am getting my baby in about a month from now, and I am so excited! You either had to choose to take the baby during the week, or during the weekend for extra credit. I decieded to take the baby for the weekend, and I am going out with him/her. the only thing i am worried about is if anyone that decieds to be funny, and break it, I am the one who is going to pay the $350.

:) any tips ?

September 19, 2008 at 5:49 am
(18) Susan says:

These babies lack the major component of growing, loving, laughing ect. It almost seems more like a scare tactic because it shows only the “dark side of parenting”.

September 21, 2008 at 7:32 pm
(19) kailee says:

i am getting the baby in two weeks i am so verous because i hace to take home sixtuplets because my grandpa is a sixtuplet and so is my grandma so my parents are making me take home 6 because i am the generation. i am so mad at them. i will let you know how my weekend is afterwards

May 2, 2011 at 11:41 am
(20) Kaylee says:

Six babies ya right and I doubt that both ur grandparents are sextuplets?

September 30, 2008 at 10:39 pm
(21) Ivonne says:

Im 16yrs old almost 17 on November. I wish i would of taken child development class. I always used to tell my mom how excited i was to take that class. I never did take i was slacking and now im going to be a teenage mom im barely 3 months pregnant and feeling sick every mornign its real bad and i get real frustrated knowing that every morning I have to wake up to puke. It sounds real grose but thats what happends when you get pregnant. I just hope that I can be a good mother to my daughter/son. Think before you get pregnant it changes your whole life.

October 26, 2008 at 10:38 am
(22) Tosha says:

I Have My Baby Right Now. A Baby Boy Named Aiden. I’m Not Sure What’s Worng With Him Though. Last Night He Woke Up Crying, & I Cared For Him, & Then I Placed Him Back In His Baby Carrier To Sleep. He Hasn’t Woke Up This Morning, & The Baby Has A Red Light Lit Up On It’s Back. I’m Not Sure If It’s Batteries Are Dead Or What. When I Find Out, I’ll Post Another Comment About It.

October 27, 2008 at 1:44 pm
(23) sam says:

i hav one of the fake babys at the moment! its driving me crazy! its 2.45 am ive been awak since 2am and only just got the baby to sleep!!

I think this program is great…i never want kids!!!!!

October 29, 2008 at 9:36 am
(24) nanna to 3 says:

all three of my kids had the baby through the years. each handled it differently. my oldest was such a sound sleeper, i had to wake him up. my middle son went to a concert and left the baby with his gf. my youngest, oh poor child. after two days he brought the baby to me crying, begging me to help. i like this program, but unfortunetly it was cut two years ago. my boys all proclaim ”no sex”before marrage. thats good i’m not ready to be a real nanna.

November 17, 2008 at 12:28 pm
(25) Kaneesha says:

I had that baby twice. The first time in my freshmen year, it was alright. In my senior year, MAN if that baby didnt keep me up.

December 23, 2008 at 8:14 am
(26) louise says:

ive done baby think it over 4 times and got 90 and above its great im 15 and dont want a baby ever unless its baby think it over there way better at least theres no actual poo and sick .

January 9, 2009 at 11:44 pm
(27) Sarah says:

i actually have it sitting next 2 me rite now..even though its the older version from 1995 it still works…only u stick a key in its back for anytime it cries..instead of feeding it or changing a diaper

January 11, 2009 at 1:15 am
(28) lila says:

i have one named Kaya i am takeing the class next year and all have bouth on. i am used to haveing Kaya on so one more well just make it a little more fun.

January 11, 2009 at 5:14 pm
(29) Emilie says:

I actually enjoyed having the Baby Think it Over Stimulator. I had mine for a week. The first night was HORRIBLE! My bracelet thing didn’t work. Not at all. The baby had a low battery so I had to switch it out, which worked. My baby was such a good baby. She cooed a lot and scared me half to death with she did. It was pretty funny. But I got a 98 total since I accidently dropped the head once. She only woke me up maybe once a night staying up for a good hour. I would LOVE to do the class again. I really enjoyed it (So did my kids at work!)

January 15, 2009 at 6:48 pm
(30) Lila says:

i am glad you enjoyed haveing a baby think it over i love mine (kaya) to death i love takeing her to the park on weekends if the wether is good.

January 15, 2009 at 7:13 pm
(31) Amber says:

wow so i just took the baby think it over home for 4 days i hated it and not cause it was hard. I am 15 years old. I have been babysitting for along time and the baby think it over is nothing like a real baby. i mean come on if u drop its head it screams bloody murder real babies dont i no u have to be careful with a real babies head but not that careful. also it dont move it needs to be able to move its hands and feet and when u burp a real baby it spits up and sometimes throws up on u and teaches can put it on quiet time u cant do that on a real babie so if the baby think it over is suppose to be affective its not at all u cant bond with it like u can a real baby and there is even a way to turn it off in the back wow and u cant let it cry for more then two min or it is a naglect well reality check people sometimes u just have to let real babies cry im not the only teen who feels this way i mean in some ways it makes parenting seeme easy it cant spit up puke or realy poop of pee its diper it normaly takes more then a min to change a babies diper unlike on the babie think it over it only takes a few sec. and teachers set it to how much they think it should cry. U want teens to relize how hard it is to take care of a real baby u make it more real IT DONT HELP TEENS RELIZE HOW HARD IT IS TO BE A PARENT o n if it wont stop crying u call ur teacher n she can shut it off so what would u do if a real baby wont stop crying u cant shut it off now can you parents need to sit down and talk more to there kids about parenting and how hard it is. real care babies r basicly a joke in most ways in some ways yeah they r good but people realy take a real babie for a few days keep a diary of what it dose then take the real care babie for a few days n do the same. o n the baby think it over in the middle of the night if its hungrey all u do is put the breast feeding thing on its hat and let it sit in the car seat. its not a grate program its a stupid one

January 16, 2009 at 10:10 pm
(32) Olivia says:

i agree that you can not connect to the infint simulaters but i love mine i got her for chirstmas and i have only put her on twice but i keep having dreams that i turn her on and take her places so may be i well

January 31, 2009 at 11:42 am
(33) cierra says:

well i have my baby right now. i named her skyh (sky). i had the baby think it over I in 8th grade now i have baby think it over II as a sophmore. the whole expierence is great i think. this baby cries ALOT more it drives me crazy sometimes but its not that bad. its amazing how people just take one look and assume the babies yours i think its pathetic really but i cant really blame them for looking cause alot of these teens girl have babies. so they can’t help but wonder huh?? i had the belly as well at my school we get to where it for two hours. its an extra 30 pounds and some fake boobs lol. that expierence was okay.. i felt as though we shouldve had to take it home longer to get the full impact. but they dont trust us that much at my school lol. well it was great sharing my perspective on the baby. gotta go now skyh is crying.

February 1, 2009 at 2:50 pm
(34) Liz says:

I am thirteen, and i got the baby for three dayss. and the first day i love it and then by the time i got to school and hhad to deal with it at school. It made me maddd. You should really have your kids do it. I know it changed my thoughts about having babies.

February 9, 2009 at 4:05 am
(35) shelby says:

hey everyone! im back again! i just wanted to let everyone and anyone whose doing this project NO it’s not going to be easy. im 17 now and i now own 2 dolls a ready or not tot named kegan, and an electronic neonate named kaelynn. I love them both very much and treat them as my own because their the closest thing i can get to a real one! I took the project two times when i was in high school and i have to say the boy doll is DEFF much easier than the girl!!! GOOD luck to anyone who has it!!!

February 10, 2009 at 11:12 am
(36) Katie Kroeger says:

today i get my baby simulator and we dont have the key we have a thing we scan in the front of it belly or on its chest. the diper changes to yellow if it is wet or dirty. and you get to really feed the baby and burp it and it coos when your session ends i cant wait till i get it im soooooo excited but i think it will be hard. by the way his name is keith. he is soo cute!!!

February 13, 2009 at 7:41 pm
(37) Shona says:

I have got mine now for 10 days and it is already annoying me. I still want one when I am an adult but not while I am 15.

February 23, 2009 at 11:37 am
(38) dijana says:

ugh i just had that thing too and i failed miserably. i got a 65% on the overall grade. not fun

February 24, 2009 at 7:52 pm
(39) alysha says:

I had this baby only for ONE night for Child Development. my sophomore year i got an overall B on it..only a couple minor accidents..like i hit its head…but it honestly was accidental.
the second time i took the class we still only keep it for a night…and the teach usually programs them around the same time to start crying but i’ve had mine for FIVE HOURS && IT HASNT CRIED YET!!! WHAT’S WRONG?!
IT CANT BE DEAD. THE BATTERIES ARE BRAND FREAKING NEW.
I DID NOTHING TO HURT IT!!

February 28, 2009 at 5:40 pm
(40) lucy says:

how do i turn it off ots driving me nuts only had it 24h

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm
(41) junior sarraco says:

on the result paper it said it died within 30 minutes that i got it. I put it in my PE locker and when i came back it had pen holes as if somebody stabbed it in the head several times. They also put a one eyebrow on him and poked in his eyes. they also ripped of an arm and put it in his clothes where his mangina is at. NOT COOL. I had to pay 700 dollars for it.

June 17, 2009 at 7:21 pm
(42) Abby says:

I have a baby think it over along with 9 other baby dolls they are all life like and really exspencive but i like to play with them all they are like my little family i love them a whole lot i don’t tern my baby think it over on alot because my sister yells at me when i do and says its to loud but oh well maybe one day i well be able to tern her on.

July 25, 2009 at 11:17 pm
(43) sweetdesires says:
August 19, 2009 at 4:23 pm
(44) Jenel says:

I had one of these babies when I was in high school. I enjoyed my experience with the “baby” and was amazed by the life-like cry and how it looked so much like a real baby. I hated the fact that you had to insert a key in the baby’s back since that is not what you have to do w/ a real baby. Overall, it was a good experience. I feel the program itself could sway teenagers away from having a baby so young OR it can make a teenager want a baby even more!!

September 20, 2009 at 9:37 pm
(45) Holly says:

I have to say this is the worst that I have had to deal with. My children have had this program. The first one cried and said she could not do this. The second one has this right now and gets NO sleep. She is not liking this at all. I have to say that I think they should not have this program. You should not have to deal with a baby that is not real or real like and does not move. This baby is the devil! This thing cries all the time, will not sleep, and screams when you are not touching it. It fusses all the time about 30 minutes every time. I would think the schools should give a choice and not have to deal with this. They need sleep to get the education they need. I would also have to say the schools should only make this for a weekend deal but then they are not going to get sleep on Sundays when they need to go back to school. These are the worst. My daughter does not want children but on the other hand the older one wants a baby. I hope not any time soon!

October 7, 2009 at 3:33 pm
(46) sarah says:

im getting my baby tomorrow! im so very excited!!!! haha everyone says that its a lot of work but im ready to put in the work!! i definitely do not want a baby at 15 though.

November 7, 2009 at 10:13 am
(47) Sarah says:

i got my baby and we have to keep it for a weekend and this baby was a brat it would get up for a hour then it would sleep for a hour, and on top of that i was sick, so i couldn’t handle it. I had to make my mom take it to the planned parenthood center because it was to much for me so if you have a baby in your teen years i feel really bad for you , im only 15 and i already don’t want to have kids after taking this baby home for less then a day

November 8, 2009 at 12:06 am
(48) angie says:

i have the baby think it over sleeping beside me. i got it yesterday in class and i have heard so many horrible stories about the baby screaming and crying all weekend but mines is actually a calm one. Its really simple you see. all you have to do is learn to recognize the different cries it makes. handle the baby like its a real one even though it doesn register in your mind as one. Dont worry if you get fustrated. all parents with REAL children get fustrated at times too. the only difference is that you can yell at this one and it wont cry because of the sound of your voice. my friends think im going to be a good mom but i doubt that im ready for being one and this baby made me realize it. I get mad at those girls who are dull in the head and think that having a baby is the cutest thing in the world. you know what, those are the girls who usually get pregnant first and then they start regretting it. so think it over girls before you get yourself into a predicument like that.

November 14, 2009 at 11:51 pm
(49) Dani says:

I got my baby for this weekend…and I could not make it.
My baby cried almost nonstop from 2AM to 7AM. My father could not stand it and the thing was raising my stress level. I felt like this was unrealistic because starting at 6 my baby wanted to be fed every ten minutes. No baby wants to be fed that much. My Dad had enough and so did I. We took a screw driver and took the batteries out. We are keeping them in a flashlight and plan on telling my techer the batteries died within the baby. Mock me all you want for cheating but I don’t give a damn. I know I wasn’t ready to have a baby anytime soon. One night gave me the message loud and clear.

February 17, 2011 at 6:21 pm
(50) Grass says:

Actually, yes, some babies will want to be fed every ten minutes, they get hungry, and often dont get a whole lot during each feeding.

November 15, 2009 at 11:27 am
(51) Elmo. says:

I’m sooo excited about taking one home for my child development class! it sounds terrible but i like babies. im naming mine eleazar

November 24, 2009 at 7:27 pm
(52) Athina says:

I’ve got my baby on my bed right now and its the second day. I really hate it. Like it keeps on cryin non stop, i try to feed it but theres something wrong with the bottles or im just that stupid. My teacher checked what percentage I have and it said 30 %. wow, BIG FAIL and I dont care :)
OH ! whenever I walk into the bus, everyones eyes turn to me and they just stare! its stressful.. I wanna just yell at them

November 30, 2009 at 8:57 pm
(53) Darci says:

I also have the baby sitting next to me at this moment. It’s hard because it tends to have piercing crys. Once you get used to the crys though it gets easier where all you have to do is listen and know what it needs.

December 8, 2009 at 10:53 pm
(54) hayli says:

I am getting my baby and im afraid im too excited… I have a diaper bag and a bunch of clothes. I also borrowed a car seat. Im so excited…its the only class i took. Its sooo much easier than a real baby!!!

December 27, 2009 at 11:51 am
(55) abby says:

this is no joke caring for a baby is a lot of work. my daughter had her son for a week. at first she was so happy she thought playing mommy was fun, but on day two she was going crazy. my daughter couldn’t wait to give the baby back up. I love this program i do think it was very helpful

January 23, 2010 at 1:08 am
(56) Olivia says:

ok so about a year ago i posted that i was taking this class i am but we don’t get the baby think it overs i was so mad but i still have my own and i have her on i am tired but it is a lot of fun!

February 3, 2010 at 9:03 am
(57) tabbee says:

well i have had a baby come home before but that one didn’t help so i was hoping that you could help with one of these ones if you do let me take home one of these babies that would be great and i will finally find outt if i wanted a baby at 17

February 14, 2010 at 10:22 pm
(58) aleka says:

i m excited for the baby i get to take the baby think it over home on friday of this week!!! i heard many different things bout baby but i think that i will b ok i do not want kids in rl yet but this is an eztra credit project i m sure i can pass. my mother said she is gonna take me and the baby a bunch of diff places i m excited….. i m getting a babygirl and i m naming her Trinity… i will keep yu guys updated…

February 21, 2010 at 1:58 pm
(59) Erica C says:

I am taking the baby think it over home on monday and we have to keep it for a week. I am in Family and Consumer Sciences. I had child develop ment my freshman year and i am now a junior, but In child development we had to keep it for 2 days, but i could only keep it for one because i could handle it. But i think im going to take it very serious this year and treat it as a real baby. I have already went out and bought it a cute blue and green onsie. some booties tht says “i love my mommy” on them and a blanket. I am very excited to get it tomoro. :) Goodluck future fake baby mothers.

April 21, 2010 at 5:58 pm
(60) Cassie says:

I Had the baby think it over an i loved it yes it got very annoying at times only becuz i think it is hard then taking care a a real baby your cant talk to it love on it or find out whats really rong all i did was put a key in itz back til it stoped i mean i love bbys an i love kids cant wait to have my own i have watched friends kids over night threw weeks taking care a a real new born baby was way easyer then the baby thnk it over then again it opens ur eyes up to help u see how hard it can be an that babys arnt for every girl out there

September 27, 2010 at 3:43 am
(61) angela dietz says:

This baby is simulated, any simulated thing will never be “real” like drivers ed simulation is real? it is meant to give you a taste! As far as the head dropping back yes the kid screams where most kids won’t but it’s to show you how importation it is to support there head.

November 14, 2010 at 3:21 pm
(62) Rachel says:

My current school doesn’t offer this however i think it should. I know of so many people that have had abortions in our hs to avoid confronting their parents. My old school offered it and I wouldn’t mind having this project in my school. (I’m 14)

December 2, 2010 at 6:43 am
(63) anne says:

ive been reading your comments guys how much do the fake babies cost i want to buy them in bulk for a programme here in kenya.

December 19, 2010 at 8:17 pm
(64) Kristen says:

I had the baby think it over in middle school. I had the one with the key. it was fun but annoying at the same time.When he cried it didn’t sound like a real baby. i carried mine into all of my classes and when it cried I had to leave the class and feed it so i would purposely make it cry:) this baby taught me nothing. i got an A+ and i dropped his car seat twice.

February 3, 2011 at 10:20 am
(65) beau says:

Im 16, mine cries every 7 min.

February 5, 2011 at 2:13 pm
(66) melissa says:

Hehe I got mine yesterday, It was nice at first it slept for about 15 minutes, then it cried so I changed it and fed it and rocked it until it fell asleep more cring and such then it got fussy.
Finally went to sleep at 10 &never woke up till 3 but I was so stressed i never went to bed till 12.
it finally fell back to sleep then woke up 5, then again at 7 cried till I fed&rocked it to sleep, then 12 I woke up leading me into today.
Saturday,05,11
Its good so far but I’m going out now.
With the baby, for my walk, this should be fun.

I’m sixteen, and I’m not going to have kids.

February 7, 2011 at 2:27 pm
(67) understanding says:

dont say you wont because behind getting married you aor your husband WILL WANT KIDS WHEN YOUR READY.

February 7, 2011 at 2:25 pm
(68) understanding says:

My mom had six kids and she tells me when i ask why did you have so many kids she tells me i love all of you and i want to see all of you grow up to be something. well of course i think im going to be the first to graduate. yayyyyy meeeeee

February 17, 2011 at 6:29 pm
(69) Grace says:

Im getting the baby in about a month… im not sure yet weither or not to be excited or scared XD

March 22, 2011 at 5:35 pm
(70) Hannah says:

ok so i went to my friends who had the baby last weekend and omg it wasnt even mine and i wanted to kill it lol!! ok so first it cryed the second it turned on!! i went to the mall with her and she was with her bf and i was with mine and she went into the bathroom so me and my boyfriend were walking around the mall with it while her bf waited for her. i got alot of dirty looks and it wasnt even mine!! then i handed it to my bf and he immediatly droped the head back so it was screaming like crazy!! lol not his fault. he did know what he was doing lol!! so im 16 and i decided to do preschool lab next year for my jounior year bc i want to be a teacher. so i will eventually have to do the project and my bf with hopefully know what hes doing this time lol ;) even though i think hers was hard im kinda excited because this one will be my baby!! i know everyone says that the boy is easier but i think the girls are cuter so yeah lol!! if you guys can offer any advice for some tips to make the baby easier please do tell!!! i cant wait for the baby event though its like a year until i do it lolol!!!!

April 9, 2011 at 5:48 pm
(71) Deidra says:

I have the Baby Think It Over as of now. I also happen to be 16, going on 17 next weekend. As part of the mandatory graduation requirement, I had to take a Child Care class. Thus my child was brought home.
I got him Friday, he turned on at 4 pm and hasn’t been the worst of all children, but he enjoys eating. Not my cup of tea.

Personally, I find this project ridiculous. All I am learning about is how to be tired, and I already know how to be tired. I know not to have a child early; I’ve known that since forever it seems. I have cried at least 3 times with the thing because I’m stressed. I’m not ready to have the responsibilities of a new mother, and I knew that before this happened. I cannot wait to send this child back to the teacher on Monday. I love children, but I cannot find a way to like this demon robot baby.

April 9, 2011 at 9:23 pm
(72) Nicole says:

I am a freshman in high school and I just turned 15. I have had the baby think it over since Friday and I have begun to hate it. At first it was kind of cute and now I just want to get rid of it. It is incredibly confusing and I feel like I’m failing. It’s kind of depressing, actually. I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing and I’m kind of worried to see my grade on Monday. We’ll see.

August 31, 2011 at 5:27 pm
(73) ashley says:

I had my baby freshmen yr. For 3 days and loved it.

October 13, 2011 at 4:55 pm
(74) Niko says:

I had my baby for three days over the weekend and honestly didn’t think it was so hard. I liked caring for her and she was cute. Sure she cried in the middle of the night and ate for what seemed like hours, but it wasn’t her fault. She’s a baby! The only thing I had real trouble with was the holding her head part. When I was lifting her from her car seat or just holding her I’d sometimes forget and her head would go back some…My mom kept saying I was killing her when it went back!

Anyway, the rest (feeding, attending, burping, diapers) was easier than expected for me. Maybe my baby was just really well behaved? I dont know. But when Monday came around and I had to give her back it was hell :(

October 21, 2011 at 10:49 am
(75) j says:

As a teacher who assigns these babies it blows my mind when kids and parent complain how unreal the project is. Yes, it IS not real baby (and the way they handle these babies I sure as hell wouldn’t give them a real one) or the ones that argue about paying for broken babies from abuse (opposed to jail in real life) crying for docked points for kidnapping (again real life isn’t forgiving and you probably won’t get your child back with extra credit). The project is to teach babies take more than they give, maybe they will make a toddler or teenager where it can give you a big hug and tell you “you’re an awesome mommy”—although, that won’t be realistic either.

November 16, 2011 at 1:05 pm
(76) katie says:

I really want to do the baby think it over but my high school doesn’t provide anything like that. I’m not sure where I can take the class. I live bear temeculas california and I was wondering if anyone know where I can do the class or rent one instead of buying one?

November 28, 2011 at 11:02 am
(77) tori says:

you can rent the babies from home school babies. google it. occasionally they have offers on ebay to rent them as well. good luck!

November 28, 2011 at 11:05 am
(78) Tori says:

i had the baby for the first time last year, my junior year. she was an easy baby, she gave me no trouble. i got a 97 cause i dropped her head once. now i have another one for 6 months for my senior project. he’s ok. i got used to it pretty quickly and on weekends i often do twins. he’s asleep right now. he sleeps through the night as well!!!!

December 5, 2011 at 3:00 am
(79) Nicole says:

I’m a freshman in high school, but my school doesn’t offer these babies anymore and I really would like to try it out. Do you know of anyway to get one of these dolls?

December 8, 2011 at 10:17 pm
(80) Raycheal says:

I’ 16 years old and i have it right now its doing the fussy cry and I just cant do anything about it -.- im about to whip baby think it over out of my window….other than that its good but the neck/head is not like a real new born at all my own mother who has had me and three others broke its neck and were still here so other than the hole neck think being waaay to sensitive its a good lesson that only crazy people have children.

February 19, 2012 at 5:04 am
(81) Storm says:

I actually want to do this project it sounds like fun…And a little payback for my dad for all the pranks he played on me over the years. I have little cousins whom I helped care for as babies and whilst they were cute they were a little annoying…I kinda wanna see how well I’d do.

3-AM wake up call? …Not really a problem. I’m homeschooled and have insomnia…If I was able to do this project I’d be almost giddy to do it…

Until the crying starts. This is overconfidence talking when I know in reality I’ll be likely tempted to trash it before the project was over.

February 29, 2012 at 7:04 pm
(82) gabby says:

i want to take this class it sounds like fun how do i take this class in high school

March 10, 2012 at 11:03 am
(83) Gabby says:

Im 17 and i have Child Development . As of right now i have the fake baby in my presece . I took it friday after school and have it till monday morning . It cries most of the night . I had to wake up about 7 times to change it and feed and burp it . This experience really opened my eye i can honestly say i will not have kids in such a long time !!! And for people who have this class or are going to take it . It is a great class . Im jn child development 2 and i love it but kids arent for me . So good luck to any new takers of the baby .

July 3, 2012 at 3:07 am
(84) chantal says:

i think having a baby is only for stupid people which dont think abour their future! they always name their children kevin marcel jaqueline justin dustin…now i am going to have a baby i didnt want it but it had happend and i was so hungry so i need something to eat

September 8, 2012 at 5:40 pm
(85) Justine says:

I had the baby think it over a couple weeks ago and it wasnt that hard except when i went out in public and she wanted to be fed and while putting the carseat in my car, her head went back and she started screaming bloody murdur, but otherwise it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be and i got to take it home for one night. I`m gonna take a boy home this upcoming tuesday to see how that is like because we have to take a baby home twice. i know already from my first experience that i am not ready to become a mother anywhere in my near future.net

October 12, 2012 at 6:20 pm
(86) arlett says:

How do you calm it down?

October 13, 2012 at 11:56 pm
(87) Hannah Smith says:

im in high school taking parent and child devoplment class i get my baby in twoo weeks and i dont want i wanna be a mom in the furture but not for not for four day or three is there any tips someone can give if so email them at northsurrycheerleader@gmail.com and if u have any cute baby name for boy or girl with middle names also would be alot of help thanks and my name is hannah

November 3, 2012 at 11:13 am
(88) brokenbottlebaby says:

I have my baby right now, but my bottle is broken, and whenever he cries for it, it doesn’t work, can anything replace the bottle to make him stop crying and “drink”?

December 13, 2012 at 2:34 pm
(89) Aubrie says:

I am 16 and I dont have a class at my school but i have always wanted to take the class. But I dont know how to take a class that is free I live in Tucson AZ on the South East and I can not find a class what so over how do take them? i want to take a class with the baby but i can not find a class at all here and i am kind of surprised because of all the pregnant teen girls here. Can any one help me PLZ

February 8, 2013 at 12:30 pm
(90) Nikole says:

I am in 10th grade and i get a little asian baby boy on March 1st , 2013-March 4, 2013. I named him Ahaji, I love babies and i think that this will defin. help me with my parentsing skills. I was surprised when my mommy signed my paper to bring a baby home for the weekend, i am super excited and i cant wait til 3 weeks!! I hear that the babys are from hell and stuff like that but i pretty sure that its not that serious, i mean yeah its not a real baby and yes this is gonna be my first time, but if you know how to hold and REAL babys head like i do then you should be okay. I have this app for all the people who had it and who might need it but i got it off the app store “realcare baby” and its free and it gives you a guide on everything, along with videos. Also, We have to walk around the school for a full day wearing pregnancy suits and i can seriously excited about bring ahaji home!!

February 28, 2013 at 10:59 am
(91) Samantha says:

I am taking the baby boy home over the weekend. I am also in a child development class. My best advice for any teens taking the baby home is it is a real life experience and you need to learn to be a mother. I havent seen anyone that has actually failed the project. Bringing it home really is a good idea for some teens who thinking parenting isnt a big deal. Take the baby home and see how you like it. But their are alot of positives in the Baby Think It Over project. You can pick your own name for the baby, change the diapers,clothes,and you dont have a key! Its actually a bracelet that scans on the back. Some babies also have a charger. If the baby starts to beep, the battery is dieing. If this happens to you, you should be provided with a charger for the baby by your instructor. Their are only just a few things you can do for the baby when it starts crying. You can: 1. Change diaper 2. Feed 3. Burp and 4. Rock ….. Good Luck girls and boys who are taking the baby home! <3

March 5, 2013 at 1:11 pm
(92) Nikole says:

Okay, i posted already, i got my baby over the weekend March 1- March 4 2013. I really grew attached to the baby, i loved it, it cried but it was like everyone lese said it was going to be like. My friends baby cried for 383 minutes and another girl baby criend for 88 minutes. I am very happy that i got 100%, i did a amazing job and i feel bad that i had to give him back, and every couple mintues i think about the time we had together and my eyes water up, but i know i was the best mommy for the weekend :)
I am trying to except the fact that its a baby doll, and its just a computer but to me, it had a personality. I enjoyed the whole experience, and i hope that everyone gets to try it :) Good Luck to Everyone :) ….<3 I love you Ahaji <3

March 8, 2013 at 7:06 am
(93) Ciearra says:

I am getting one today and i am so very excited!! Those things are the number one reason i took this class and boyyyy on the trial day when we took care of them i didnt want to put my baby down but we had to take turns with our group i am just fasinated by the whole thing.! I think that teens who have gotten pregnant or still are pregnant should take this class because it is the best way to find out if you are mature enough to take care of a child. I think i’m the only on in my class this excited for the baby. Everyone else cried after the first night. I had so much fun the trial day and i hope its this fun this weekend :)

March 10, 2013 at 9:23 pm
(94) Ana says:

OK, so at the beginning i started doing pretty well and i thought it was going to be hard. this is my third day and my baby hasnt cried or done anything since 7 am. Now its 9 pm, and still nothing. The red light from his back is turned on, so the baby isnt dead, i hope because i dont want to pay for it. Hopefully it doesn’t cry at night! I am really worried that its dead or something but idk the red light is on, and still the baby isn’t doing nothing!!!!! I don’t know if i should be worried or not?????