A hypothesis is a proposal intended to explain certain facts or observations; an educated guess or surmisal.
Time Required: one hour
- First gather information on the topic of your science project.
- Ask yourself questions about the topic. What interests you the most about this topic. Talk it over with someone else.
- Choose your best question and answer it with your best educated guess after going through your researched materials.
- Write up the hypothesis by stating it in the following manner: 'I believe that' or 'It is my opinion that'.
- Do not make your hypothesis too hard to prove or disprove. Remember that it will be the basis of your experiment.
Does your teen have a set homework time?
See the poll results.
Parenting Quizzes for Parents of Teens