Related Resources for Parents of Teens Starting High School:
Use these resources for help with dealing with your high school student and all of the situations that come up when your teen enters high school.
- Calm a Teen's Fears About Starting High School
Young teens look at starting high school with a great deal of awe. Your teen will experience some excitement, but there will be some fears mixed in. You can help calm your teen’s fears by following these tips.
- High School Survival Guide for Parents
As teens grow older, they are more capable and independent. But with this independence, they need guidance from their parents in order to survive and get the most out of their high school education. This high school survival guide for parents will use the resources below to help you guide your teen to achieving in their highest potential in high school.
- 10 School Problems Parents of Teens Face And How to Deal
Is your teen falling asleep in class, having trouble with their school work or on a first name basis with the high school principal? Find help here.
- How To Encourage Your High School Student to Do Their Best
Encouraging your high school student to do their best isn’t as hard as you may think. It does take time and effort, but it should become part of a daily routine that both you and your teen can enjoy more than dread.
- Build a Winning Academic and Personal Record
If your teens wants to be considered for private scholarships, they need to have a winning academic and personal record. Learn how to help them achieve this goal.
- How much help should parents give their teen with homework?
High school homework help FAQ for parents of teenagers. This specific question is answered with links to more questions in the FAQ. Other related question may be listed as well.
- Grade Incentives That Are Not Monetary
My first thoughts are giving a privilege of maybe a later curfew or an extra hour of computer time.
- Communication - Talk to Your Teen
- Tips On Getting Your Teen To Do Their Homework...
- Test Taking Preparation
More Parenting Quizzes
- Quiz: Are you raising a healthy teen?
- Quiz: Is your teen safe online?
- Quiz: Are You a Pushover Parent?
- Quiz: Do you have a case of parental burnout?
- Quiz: Is your teen over-scheduled?
- Quiz: Are you raising a mean girl?
- How Well Do You Really Know Your Teen?
- Screening Quiz: Is Your Teen Lying?
- Teens and Babysitting Quiz: Is Your Teen Ready to Babysit?
- Teen Depression Quiz: Is your teen depressed?
- Screening Quiz: Is your teen ready to get a job?
- Teen Dating Quiz - Are they friends or are they dating?
- Quiz: Is your teenager stressed out?
- Quiz: Is Your Teenager Using Drugs?
- All Parenting Teen Quizzes
Help for Parents of At-Risk Teens: