I know that the World Wide Web is not a toy. It is as interesting, and dangerous as being able to walk down any street, in any town or city, in the world. It reflects all parts of life today, which is fascinating and scary.
In order to have the privilege of using the World Wide Web, I need to follow these rules, so I can keep myself and my family safe.
- I will never give out personal information to anyone online, including but not limited to:
- my full name, or anyone else's
- my address, or anyone else's
- my passwords, or anyone else's
- my phone number, or anyone else's
- I will always be polite when chatting online, I will treat them with the respect that I expect to be given. If I am treated unkindly, I will not reciprocate in the same manner. I will leave the chat room if I get too angry.
- I will never personally meet anyone I have meet online without the permission of my parents. If this opportunity should arise, I fully expect my parents to come to the meeting.
- I will never call anyone I have met online without the permission of my parents.
- I will report all incidents in chat rooms to my parents and to the room administrators.
- I will not go surfing in areas that are not appropriate including, but not limited to websites:
- that are of a sexual nature
- that promote hate
- that are offensive in language
- that are of a violent nature
- I will not go surfing around looking for new places without my parents permission.
- I will follow these rules whether I am at home, at school, or at a friends. If my friend is not following these rules, I will leave.
- I will not purchase anything online without permission of my parents.
If I do not follow these rules I expect that
(here's where you put the consequence, ie... to lose computer privileges for one week.)