Teen girls will pay a lot of money for the right look to their jeans. Here is an easy way to get the grunge look without breaking the bank.
Time Required: 30 minutes work; 1 day drying time
- Gather up these supplies: one pair of jeans, bleach or gel bleach pen, work or garden glove, vegetable grater, large plastic trash bag, duct tape and a pail of water or have a bath/shower available.
- Cut open the trash bag and tape it down on a flat surface.
- Place the jeans on the trash bag and make some dots and slashes with the bleach pen. Wait the allotted time and rise the jeans in the shower.
- Lay the jeans flat on the trash bag again and put on the glove. Use the vegetable grater and grate the jeans going from the waist down. This takes a bit of time, use the roughest part of the grater.
- When you start to have 'patches of pulled fabric' you can stop grating.
- Allow the jeans to hang dry for 24 hours.
- Enjoy your grunged jeans.
- This makes a fun project for youth groups or teen girl parties.
- Do you feel you have open communication with your teen?
Parenting Quizzes for Parents of Teens