The root of the word parenting is parent thats YOU! You need to be the best you can be as a person before you can be the best parent you are capable of being. This doesnt mean you need to strive to be Ward or June Clever. Perfection isnt the answer and life isnt that easy most of the time. But you need to be aware of how capable you are feeling; where is your self-esteem?
Here are a few tips to help strengthen your self-esteem:
- Find some me time and take a break from the daily grind
- Use affirmations
- Do something you like to do at least once a week
- Make a to-do list with small daily goals, accomplish them and cross them out when you are done
- Make a list of things you like about yourself and read it when you are feeling down
- Learn to say no and keep your schedule doable
- Surround yourself with positive people and minimize your time with negative people
- Find short cuts for daily tasks and establish good habits so you can reduce daily frustration
Have a tip to add? Email it to me.