Nail art is a fun teen activity that they can do with friends or with mom if she is adventurous. When I worked at the girls part of the teen home and had some time in the evenings, I would take out a fingernail painting kit. It was like a magnet for the teens and we had some of the best laid back conversations. Moms, if you are feeling the need to connect, this activity might be worth a shot. Or if you just have a group of teen girls to entertain, enjoy our list of fingernail art designs for teens.
1. Fun and Funky Nail Designs
Dots, stripes, plaids and more designs to create on your nails. I admire these girls who do the video tutorials, if you like their design, be sure to leave them a comment. I also note that your nail kit should have the right tools in it to make the designs you wish to do. If you are doing this activity with a group of teen girls, be sure you have enough of the applicators and thin paint brushes to use with each color, the girls can share.
2. Water Marble Nail Tutorials
Teens are loving real nail art and many are enjoying the creativity of playing with their nails. Here are some easy ways to do water marble nails. Note the time it takes to do one nail, this is a long activity. If your teen is asking to do her nails this way, note the different household things you will need to have on hand, like scotch tape and toothpicks.
3. Converse Sneakers and Other Fun Stuff on Your Nails
I was going to link to just one, but they all had different tips in the videos, so here are a few different links for directions into turning our fingernails into converse sneakers! Such a fun teen thing.
4. Animal Prints Nail Art
Animal print can be found in teen fashion pretty much everywhere, even in their nail art. They don't stick to the true colors of the animal stripes and spots always, but the designs are fun and not to hard to do.
5. Teen Culture Inspired Fingernails
Today's teen has a plethora of things in our U.S. culture that they can draw on to form an identity. Therefore this list is going to be long as different teens enjoy different things. Also, I want to note that some of these nail art designs are more advanced. Don't let that worry you. Practice makes perfect with nail art and you can always try it more than once.
- Dog Paws Prints
- Retro Bow and Polka Dot Tip Nail Art Tutorial
- Phineas and Ferb Nail Art
- Lady Gaga Nail Art Tutorial!
- Hunger Games Nail Art(using the symbols)
- Hunger Games Nail Art: Flame Marble Tips
- Hunger Games "Catching Fire"
- Breaking Dawn Nails
- Smurfs Nail Art
- Angry Birds Nail Art
- Mario Mushroom Nail Art
- Minnie Mouse Nail Art
- Angry Birds: PIGS Nail Art
- Rockstar Inspired Nail Art
- 80s Funky Pop Star Nail Design
6. Food Inspired Nail Art
What kid doesn't like yummy food? these girls like it so much they painted their nails with a food inspired theme and shared how they did it on video so you can too.
- Sweets and Sodas: Fanta
- Sweets and Sodas: 7UP
- Sweets and Sodas: Pepsi
- Watermelon Nails Tutorial
- Cheeseburger Nail Art
- Melting Chocolate
- Nail Tutorial: Spring Time Strawberries
- Sweets: *Cheetos* Nail Art Design
- Sweets: *Oreo* Nail Art Design Tutorial
- Sweets: *Skittles, Taste The RainBow* Nail Art Design
7. Prom and Party Nail Art Designs
Have a pre-prom or pre-party get together with the girls and do up some nail art, so they will be all blinged out and ready for their event.
8. Halloween Nail Art Designs
Dressing up on Halloween is part of the fun, for kids teens and adults. You can wear these nail designs for parties or just to school. They are also fun for something different for girlfriends to do while hanging out the week before Halloween.
- Halloween Mummy Water Marble Nail Art Tutorial
- 3 Easy Halloween Nail Art Designs: Ghost, Scull and Skeleton
- Spider Web Nail Art
- *Jack-O-Lantern* Halloween Nail Art
- Candy Corn Nail Art
- Easy Halloween Plaid Nails
- Halloween Monsters Nail Art
- Haunted House Halloween Nail Art
- Easy Black and White Ghosts Nail Art Tutorial
- Bat French Tip Halloween Nail Art Tutorial
- Cute Pirate Halloween Nail Art Tutorial
- Halloween Tombstone Nail Art
- Black Cat and Witch Inspired Nail Art
- Wizards of Waverly Place Inspired Lightening Bolt Nails
- Halloween Crime Scene Nail Art Tutorial
- DIY Halloween Nail Art: Slime
- DIY Halloween Nail Art: Fangs
- Halloween nail art tutorial: creepy eyeballs!