1. Junk Food The grocery store is open and chocolate and gum are always welcome. This is also a great idea if your teen got a big gift that broke the budget but you need to fill the stocking as Christmas candy is always on sale the week before Christmas.
2. Gas Card
If your teen drives
, this is an awesome idea. With gas prices going through the roof, a teenager needs all the extra money for gas he/she can get.
3. Free Movie RentalPick up a card at the local video store or get a subscription at NetFlix.com for a year.
4. Magazine Subscription
Simply go to the nearest pharmacy and pick up a copy a magazine you think your teen your teen will enjoy and send in the subscription card that is located in the folds of its pages. Then write out on a Christmas card
that the subscription should start in a month, until then enjoy this copy.
Gift certificates at iTunes.com
or at the local CD store will be greatly appreciated. Music is the way to many teens’ hearts.
7. Amazon Gift Card
Anything a teen could want is at Amazon
- books, makeup, video games, you name it. Gift cards are easy to purchase right on the site. You can go high-tech and emailed the gift certificate code right to the teen.
8. Restaurant Gift CertificateWhere is the local hang out? For my teens it was a diner in the center of town. Go there and get a gift certificate that your teen can use the next time he/she goes with his/her friends.
9. Free Car Wash CertificateDoes your teen have his/her own car? A car wash certificate in the winter is a very thoughtful gift.
10. Movie TicketsI’m always amazed at how much it costs to go to the movies. It is not a wonder that most teens prefer group dating – no one has the cash to pay for their date too! Sorry for the tangent, but if you get this for your teen be sure to include enough to take a friend.