At these times our teenagers are only likely to get attention by acting out- not good. This happens normally because teens become so capable of handling their own basic daily needs that we dont notice we've stopped paying positive attention to them.
Here is a list that will help you remember and give you ideas of positive things to do with or for your teen. Enjoy!
3. Make your teen his favorite dinner.(Pizza in my home.)
4. Solve a problem by giving your teen the choice.
5. Root for your teen. Whether its a sports game or a big test, let your teen know you are on his side.
6. Take a glimpse into the future. What does your teen see? What do you see?
9. Cook a meal together.
10. Write your teen a love note - it will perk up his self-esteem.
11. Develop a new healthy habit together.
12. Rearrange your teens room. (You may need to clean it first warn him.)
13. Challenge your teen to a yearlong game marathon.
14. Plan the family vacation together.
15. Make your teen his favorite lunch.
16. Make your teen a hot breakfast before school.
17. Go for a walk or a hike.
18. Take a class together.
19. Hug him.
20. Buy a sponsorship in the yearbook and write something sweet.
21. Build or add to a family website together.
22. Plan a birthday party.
23. Watch a movie.
24. Do a puzzle and frame it.
25. Plant a garden in the backyard or a potted indoor garden.
26. Stay in your pajamas all day. (Perfect activity for a snow day.)
27. Have a movie marathon.
28. Have a picnic.
29. Go to a local historic museum.
30. Make your own t-shirts or sweatshirts.
31. Scrapbook or journal a day in your teens life.
32. Stargaze together.
33. Find shapes in the clouds together.
34. Go to the zoo.
35. Serve at a soup kitchen.
36. Make a time capsule.
37. Go bowling.
38. Go to a professional sports event or concert.
39. Make a video.
40. Make a pillow or quilt out of your old T-shirts and blankets.
41. Have a campfire and roast marshmallows.
42. Have a garage sale.
43. Write a letter to a grandparent about something wonderful your teen did.
44. Bake cookies.
45. Make the best ice cream sandwich ever.
48. Order out at your teens favorite fast food joint.
49. Spend a day at the beach or a lake.
50. Read one of your teenagers current magazines.