Taking this to extreme, however, will make your teen resent you and your relationship with them. Balancing your need to keep your teen safe and their need to be independent is not an exact science. Stay with the basics of asking and checking every once in awhile or when you feel your teen is not safe.
Teen Privacy FAQ:
- How much privacy does my teen need?
- Why does my teen want to be in their room all night?
- Why does my teen need privacy?
- How much privacy does my teen and his date need?
- Should parents snoop on their teen?
- Should parents go through their teen's things?
- Should my teen do their homework in their room?
- Can my daughter get an abortion without my consent?