Quick Links: Recipes for KidsDesserts are always a favorite among kids and teens. Here you will find our listing of fun and yummy kids desserts for special occasions and events, holidays or for just after dinner. Another great idea for dessert recipes is to share them with your teen, as many teens learn to cook starting with desserts first.
- Apple Cranberry Cobbler
My father makes this dessert for my girls and they are always asking him for more.
- Banana Boats
We love this fun dessert in the summer when we are cooking outside.
- Banana Mousse
This creamy snack recipe can be made with non-dairy creamer.
- Brain Cell Delight
Yummy! A fun Halloween dessert for your family.
- Butter Cutout Cookies
Can be done with any cutouts to make a sweet for your kid's events.
- Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats
A snacky type dessert for Halloween or anytime with different color candy corns that are now available for use.
- Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
What other cookie could make a better dessert? In my opinion, none!
- Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
If you need a dessert or snack for your kids, try this old fashion recipe.
- Choco Lanterns
Another fun Halloween dessert.
- Coconut Bananas Recipe
Fresh bananas are always a wonderful and healthy snack for kids and teens. You can prepare this ahead of time as the orange juice keeps the bananas from browning.
- Chocolate Orange Ooze Cupcakes
Making these cupcakes is as much fun as eating them, be sure to allow your teen to be part of the process.
- Cupid's Sundae Bar
This kids dessert recipe has all the fixings for a ice cream sundae with Valentine type candies.
- Fruit Cone
A healthy fruit dessert recipe that is perfect for summer and outdoor picnics.
- Fruit Pizza
Also doubles as a snack, fruit pizza is perfect for a backyard picnic or teen party.
- Fudge in a Ziplock Bag
Going to be sitting around with a youth group? Play pass the fudge to make this dessert.
- Gold Coin Cookies
Gold Coin Cookies themed for Saint Patrick's Day or Pirate themed event is a favorite are easy to make and yummy.
- Honey Rice Crispy Snack
A very sweet dessert that makes up into bars for lunches.
- Ice Cream in a Zip lock Bag
Be sure to use heavy duty baggies to make this dessert.
- Jello Cake
This cake recipe should be a standard in every mom's kitchen. It's easy, it helps with a theme and kids love the taste.
- Lemon Hearts
This lemon cookie recipe is a delicious treat for someone you love. Use another cookie cutter to make any shape you wish for other themes.
- Oreo Pizza
Fun and yummy dessert that will bring up the volume of energy at any kid's event.
- Peach and Raspberry Cobbler
Cobbler is an old fashioned stand by dessert, your teen should learn how to make it for life skill practice.
- Pinwheels - Cookies
Holiday dessert cookie that can be made in any colors.
- Sand Pudding
Fun dessert and snack recipe for a group of teens dreaming about the beach.
- Taffy Apple Pizza
This pizza recipe is sure to be a teen favorite in your home. Perfect for a family dinner dessert and a teen party or hanging out session.
- Valentine's Day(or anytime) Fruit Pie
Simple and sweet pie recipe that you can make for any occasion.
- Valentine Rice Crispy Treats
A hot love take on a traditional family favorite. If your kids love these cinnamon heart hots, try this kids recipe out.
- Volcano Cake
Because you can never get enough of this science experiment, you need to serve this cake when your teen is learning this in school and enjoy a humorous dessert with your family.
- White Chocolate Birds Nest Cookies
Delicious spring dessert recipe that is perfect for kids for Easter.
Tips on Kids and SweetsDesserts are not the norm in the family everyday household. So it's importation to keep the treat fun for kids as a part of a balanced diet with healthy meals and snacks as well. Here are some tips for feeding desserts to your family:
- When creating desserts for your kids and family meals, keep in mind that a little goes a long way. Keep an eye on the portion size of the sweet your child or teen takes and teach them what is an appropriate amount.
- Desserts don't have to be bad for you and your family. Create healthy desserts, those made with raw fruit like fruit salads and smoothies are healthy alternatives to sugary desserts.
- If you are having less and less dinners together because of your teen's busy schedule, make a dessert for the meals you do have to make them extra special - plus, you get to stay at the table longer and enjoy the company.
- Make the dessert with your kids since kids love to help in the kitchen. Or teach your teen to bake and allow them to make a dessert for the family.
- Substitute healthier ingredients when you can. For instance, you can substitue applesauce fo the oil that goes into a brownie recipe.
Quick Links: Recipes for Kids