This teen depression quiz, although it uses accurate teen depression symptoms, should only be a start. If you really feel your teen is depressed, please take him/her to his/her doctor as soon as possible. Please follow through with the resources below for more help.
- 5 Things You Should Do if You Think Your Teen is Depressed If you think your teen is depressed, do not ignore it. If your teen is depressed, there are things you can do and steps you can take that will help your teenager overcome their depression. If it turns out he is not depressed, you've showed him that you cared enough to check it out. Either way, you and your teen wins.
- How to Help Your Depressed Teen Parents are usually in the best position to take charge in getting initial help for a depressed teen, here's what you need to know in order to do so.
- First Signs of Your Teen's Depression What warning signs did you notice in your teen that made you wonder if they were depressed? Was there just one or was there many little things that made you feel something was wrong?
- Triggers to Teen Depression Depression in teens can range from mild to severe, and can be triggered by a number of factors to include a reaction to stress or a biochemical imbalance in the brain. Some of the reasons for the possible onset of depression in teens are surprising.
- Treatment Programs for Teens Suffering From Depression Teens suffering from depression will sometimes need the level of help and support that can only be provided in a day treatment, residential treatment or hospital program. This is not the first step to take with a depressed teen but is needed in some cases to provide a safe, structured environment where the teen can heal and learn how to effectively manage.
- How do I know if my teen is depressed? What are the signs in teens? Parents should be aware of the factors that are linked with teens who are at a high risk of teen depression. The list is included here.
- The Dangers of Untreated Depression in Teens Teens who are depressed are at high risk to develop many serious problems as they struggle to deal with the emotional pain they are feeling. Learn more in this article.
- 7 Self-Help Strategies for Depressed Teens These self-help strategies can help to shift negative patterns and provide teens with tools they can implement and explore on their own.
- How Do I Help My Teen Who Refuses to Get Help for Her Depression? There are a number of effective approaches to easing a teen into taking the first steps in facing their depression and getting the help they need. There's no right or wrong way to do this. Start with the method that seems to best fit your teens' personality and problems. If that doesn't work, try another.
- How common is depression in teens? Q and A from a parent: 'Part of the disorder is not thinking clearly enough to see what’s really going on, and feeling too lousy to deal with it even if you do.' Read more at the link above.
- Therapy Options for Your Depressed Teen When a teen is evaluated for depression, options and settings for professional treatment will be suggested based on your teens' specific needs, here is a listing of options you may be offered.
- 8 Reasons Why Depressed Teens Are at Higher Risk for Suicide Early identification and treatment of depression in teens is very helpful in reducing the risk of suicide in depressed teens.
- Teen Depression LinksAll of our resources for depression in teenagers.
More Parenting Quizzes
Quiz: Are you raising a healthy teen?
- Parenting Quiz: Is Your Teen a Spoiled Brat?
Quiz: Is your teen safe online?
- Quiz: Are You a Pushover Parent?
Quiz: Do you have a case of parental burnout?
Quiz: Is your teen over-scheduled?
Quiz: Are you raising a mean girl?
How Well Do You Really Know Your Teen?
Screening Quiz: Is Your Teen Lying?
- Teens and Babysitting Quiz: Is Your Teen Ready to Babysit?
- Teen Depression Quiz: Is your teen depressed?
- Screening Quiz: Is your teen ready to get a job?
- Teen Dating Quiz - Are they friends or are they dating?
- Quiz: Is your teenager stressed out?
- Quiz: Is Your Teenager Using Drugs?
- All Parenting Teen Quizzes
Help for Parents of At-Risk Teens: