- Managing an allowance.
- Making plans with friends and giving you all of the necessary information.
- Have useful daily habits like making his/her bed and picking up his/her room.
- Cleaning his/her room – vacuuming, dusting, etc – weekly, with some parental help.
- Take phone messages and putting them where someone will see them.
- Everything on the preteen list that you have not added before.
- Cleaning his/her room – vacuuming, dusting, etc – weekly.
- Doing a daily household chore, such as cleaning the dinner dishes, straightening the family room, swiping down the bathroom, etc.
- Helping with the weekly household chores.
- Make sure the gas gauge in the car does not go below a quarter of a tank.
- Marking special dates and plans on the family calendar or planner.
Be sure to praise your teenager when he/she accomplishes his/her responsibilities. A simple hug and a “good job” will go a long way.