Summer with Teens
By Amy Morin
12 Weeks of Summer Activities
Ideas for summer activities that your teen can do during the week with resources on how the activity is done and perhaps more to delve further into the teen activity.
- Week 1: Pizza, Parks and Pots
- Week 2: Lemonade, Socks and Biking
- Week 3: Baseball, Kabobs and Hemp Bracelets
- Week 4: Banana Splits and the Cha-Cha Slide
- Week 5: Sun Tea, Mini Golf and Saving Water
- Week 6: Cookie-wiches, Poems and Journals
- Week 7: Tacos, Knots and Fishing
- Week 8: Burgers, Pen Pals and Rail Trails
- Week 9: Summer Concerts and Bath Salts
- Week 10: Fruit Smoothies, Sketching and Gardens
- Week 11: Pudding Popsicles and Photo Adventures
- Week 12: Using the Grill and Checking Out the Stars
Fun summer camps can keep teens busy and teach them new skills. Use these articles to help your teen find and enjoy summer camp.
Learning a new craft technique or making different types of crafts over the summer will fill in time that your teen may otherwise be bored. If your teen likes to craft or you think she may want to try, suggest some of these ideas.
- Crochet a Sunglasses Case
- Make Flower Flip Flops
- Make Jewel Sparkle Flip Flops
- Trendy Summer Tote Bag
- Sparklin' Hot Summer Nights Bath Salts
- Earring Holder Branch
- Leaf T-shirt
- Make Cell Phone Charms
- Perler Bead Flip Flop Pattern
- Summer Sun Bookmark
A summer job can teach a teenager about responsibility, money management and give him/her real-life experiences. Help your teen find and keep a summer job using these resources.
- How To Help Your Teen Get a Summer Job
- How do I know if my teen is ready to get a real job?
- Teens Having a Tough Time Finding Summer Jobs, Tips for Parents
- Screening Quiz: Is your teen ready to get a job?
- Worst Summer Jobs for Teens
Easy recipes your teen will love to make this summer. Make them together and enjoy them with the whole family.
Summer school helps a teen student either pass a class he had failed during the school year or prepare for a heavy workload in the next school year. Use these articles to help your teen get the most out of his classes this summer.
- 5 Fundamental Reasons to Take a Look at Summer School
- Tips On Getting Your Teen To Do Their Homework
- Build a Winning Academic and Personal Record
- Encourage Your High School Student to Do Their Best
- Find a Tutor for Your Teen
When planning summer vacations with teens, parents should talk to their teens and allow them to have a hand in the vacation decisions - and some of the work that goes into planning a vacation. These articles will help your family vacation with your teen go off without a hitch.
- 10 Family Vacation Tips for Parents of Teens
- How To Set a Budget for a Family Vacation
- How To Give Choices
- Do you let your teen do the packing?
Teens Home Alone
Articles and resources for parents of teens who need to stay home alone this summer.
- FAQ: Should we leave our teen home alone?
- FAQ: My teen is going to be home alone this summer. What can I do?
- Parenting Quiz: Is Your Teen Ready to Stay Home Alone?
- Parenting Checklist: Teens Staying Home Alone