High School and Beyond
By Amy Morin
- Organize Your Time
- Alternatives to Traditional High School
- High School Senioritis
- Career Planning and College
Avoid School Pitfalls
School problems can lead to a unproductive or troubled teen. Here are articles that will help you avoid any school pitfalls.
- What to Do If Your Teen has Failing Grades in High School
- Falling Asleep in Class
- Not Getting Along with Teachers
- Having Trouble with Homework
- Never Being Prepared
- Not Involved in Anything
- Overscheduled Teen
- Avoiding the Future
- Problems with Peers
- Your Teen Has Become a Discipline Problem
Bullying, Mean Girls and School Violence
Your teen will see more violence than you will ever want them too. Here are resources for parents whose teens are experiencing some type of school violence and for those parents who wish to try and prevent violence from happening at all.
- Five Steps to Take if Your Child is Being Bullied
- Make Your Child Bully Proof
- 5 Tips on Dealing with Mean Girls
- Are Mean Girls Getting Meaner?
Classes and Schedules
High school gives your teen a little more freedom to choose which classes he wants to take and when he will be taking them. Below you will find resources on particular classes and how your teen should create their schedule.
- Sex Education in Schools
- High School Subjects
- Has your teenager completed all of the required college preparation courses?
After a full day at school the last thing your teen wants to do is homework. You can help your teen by being understanding and prepared with needed resources. These articles will help.
- How to Motivate Teens to get Good Grades
- 10 Tips for Getting Teens to do Their Homework
- Set Up a Mobile Homework Center
- Science Fair Projects Ideas
- What to Do When Your Teen Refuses to do Homework
Organize Your Time
Time management in the home is a big factor when calculating the moods of a family. If everything is rush, rush, rush, no one is going to be happy. Teens who aren't happy at home have a harder time succeeding in school. Here are some resources to help you organize your family's time at home so your teen will be happier in school.
- Organize Your Family's Schedule in No Time
- Get Rid of Manic Mornings; Adopt a Calm Morning Routine
- Organizing from the Inside Out for Teenagers
- Get in the Habit of Checking Planners Together
Alternatives to Traditional High School
Do you feel your teen needs to try an alternative high school or do you want to home school your teen? Find the resources you need below.
- Choosing an Alternative High School for Teens
- Should Your Teen Consider Alternative High Schools?
- Alternative High Schools: Options for At-Risk Teens
- Alternative High Schools Resources
High School Senioritis
It may seem like a made-up illness to those who have never seen it in action - or a joke to people who have never suffered the consequences - but senioritis is real and it can cause terrible consequences for your teen.
- Help for Parents of Teens with Senioritis
- Signs and Symptoms of Senioritis and How to Identify Them
- How Parents of High School Students Can Prevent Senioritis
- Causes of Senioritis in High School Seniors
- Consequences of Senioritis
Career Planning and College
High school students have a lot of work to do to prepare for the future. There are lots of important decisions to be made about what to do after high school. While some teens choose to go to college, others look for different career paths. It's important to give teens plenty of support and guidance as they make major life decisions.