Sometimes clear communication in discipline takes the written word. Below is a parenting contract for your personal use. Use the print button on this page to print it out. Please feel free to use as it is or make it your own. After everything is written out and agreed upon, parent and teen should sign the contract.
Parents and Teens Contract: Cell Phone UseI know that having a cell phone to use is a privilege. I respect that my parents love me and want to keep me safe. My parents respect that I am becoming a young adult and want the privilege of having the use of a cell phone. With that in mind, we agree:
- I will remember what usage is allowed with our cell phone plan and I will not go over the limits of that usage. This includes number of minutes, text message limits and/or ____________________________________.
- I know that I am required to contribute to the cost of my cell phone. My contribution is:
- My cell phone must be turned off at this time _________________ each night. It is my responsibility to be sure the cell phone is being recharged each night.
- I agree that if I am unable to keep up with my responsibilities, the use of my cell phone can be taken away from me. This can happen even if I have contributed to the cost of the cell phone plan.
- I will not use my cell phone to take pictures or video of nudity, violence or other unlawful activity.
- I will not use my cell phone to call anyone for malicious purposes. (bullying, crank calling, etc.)
- I will not use my cell phone while driving.
- I will limit the number of people that have my cell phone number.
- I will limit the amount of time I am on the phone. These limitations are: