Sometimes clear communication in discipline takes the written word. Below is a parenting contract for your personal use. Use the print button on this page to print it out. Please feel free to use as it or make it your own.
Parents and Teens Contract: Staying Home Alone After SchoolI know that being able to stay home alone after school by myself is a privilege. I respect that my parents love me and want to keep me safe. My parents respect that I am getting older and want the privilege of being able to take care of myself. With that in mind, we agree:
- I will strictly follow the rules set by my parents for the time that I am home alone.
- I understand the routine my parents and I have developed and will follow through with it.
- I understand what to do in case of an emergency.
- I understand what to do if someone comes to our door.
- I understand what to do if the phone rings.
- I know who to call if I need help for minor things and for major things.
- I know how to contact my parents if I need to.
The consequences for not following through with these expectations and limits are:
Teens Home Alone FAQ: